Ultimaker PLA (polylactic acid) is highly versatile, easy to print, and available in 11 colors. It prints reliably with high dimensional accuracy and a quality surface finish. This makes it an ideal material for a range of applications – from detailed prototypes to simple manufacturing jigs and gauges.
We extensively test our PLA material for hassle-free 3D printing.
- Easy to print at high print speeds
- Achieve excellent tensile stiffness and detailed surface quality
- Dual extrude in two colors, or with PVA or Breakaway
- Ideal for investment casting to create metal parts
Some of the key mechanical properties of Ultimaker PLA include:
- Excellent flexural strength (103 MPa)
- Good impact strength (Izod tested to 5.1 kJ/m²)
- High hardness (83 Shore D)
- Low melting temperature (from 145 °C)
Ultimaker PLA is ideal for a wide range of applications, including:
- Manufacturing aids
- Architectural models
- Medical visualization aids
- Casts and molds for metal or ceramic parts
- Concept models
- Educational projects
Ultimaker PLA filament is officially supported by all Ultimaker 3D printers. It is compatible for dual extrusion with the following materials:
- Ultimaker PLA
- Ultimaker PVA
- Ultimaker Breakaway
Example prints using Ultimaker PLA
Precise model visualization
Ultimaker PLA’s versatility makes it the go-to material for a range of applications, including prototyping and concept visualization. Create detailed two-color prints, or combine with Ultimaker PVA for complex geometric features and complete design freedom.
Detailed concept models
Ultimaker PLA helps architects quickly build affordable, high-resolution models with sharp surface details for client presentations.
Low melting temperature
With Ultimaker PLA, you can create detailed metal or ceramic parts with perfect accuracy. The plastic’s low melting point means it is ideal for investment casting and for mold inserts.