Ultimaker Breakaway support is easy and quick to remove. It leaves behind a smoother quality finish than other support materials, with no further post-processing needed.
We have formulated and tested Ultimaker Breakaway to work seamlessly together with other materials.
- No sanding ensures high dimensional accuracy – ideal for tight-tolerance parts
- No waiting for support material to dissolve
- Longer shelf life and less moisture-sensitive compared to PVA
- High-quality surface finish on your model
Ultimaker Breakaway is a versatile support material for many applications, including:
- Parts made from build materials that are moisture-sensitive or not compatible with Ultimaker PVA
- Tight-tolerance gauges that should not be post-processed
- Tools where unremoved Breakaway can provide high-contrast labeling
Ultimaker Breakaway is officially supported by the Ultimaker S5, and Ultimaker 3 series of 3D printers. It is compatible for dual extrusion with:
- Ultimaker PLA
- Ultimaker Tough PLA
- Ultimaker ABS
- Ultimaker Nylon
- Ultimaker CPE
- Ultimaker CPE+
3 steps to remove Ultimaker Breakaway support
Begin by removing the majority of the inner support structure, using gripping pliers to tear away the interior area.
Loosen the support from the model around the corners with cutting pliers. Pull the Breakaway support from the model.
If a layer of support remains, find a loose edge and peel it away from the model. Remove any final traces with pliers or tweezers.
Example prints using Ultimaker Breakaway
Design freedom with more materials
and details you need, with materials not compatible with PVA. For example, it is an ideal support material for CPE or ABS.
Time and cost-effective
Breakaway material is quicker to remove and more affordable than other support materials. It is also easy to store so it stays usable for longer.
High-quality surface finish
Breakaway material has been developed to give reliable adhesion to your build material, but peel away for a smooth and accurate model.